BG

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Collective Haul


These are a few items that I've purchased over the past two weeks.

I think I'll start with the nail polishes...


Del Sol colour changing nail polish in Trick or Treat. I got this shade on sale at Lawtons, it's from the Halloween range. In the shade it appears to be an sheer jelly shade of orange with holographic glitter but in the sunlight darkens to a brownish/black shade with the glitter.


Maybelline Express Finish 50 Second nail polish in Top/Base Coat. Also bought on sale at Lawtons, I think the range is being discontinued as all the shades on display were greatly reduced ($1 something). I've used this a lot in the past two weeks and I think it's a decent top coat, it does the job and doesn't cause any shrinkage for the nail polish underneath.


Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara. This item is a repurchase. When I moved to Canada for uni, i bought 2 half used mascaras(MUFE Aqua Lash and Bourjois Liner Effect) as both of them were used up, I went to Shoppers Drug Mart as I read on Beauty Crazed in Canada that Bourjois was being stocked there, though to my minor horror the Bourjois mascara was $20! So i went on a hunt for a cheaper mascara, thankfully the Covergirl mascaras were on offer so I bought the volume one. I have to say it's brilliant! I absolutely love it and will continue to repurchase it. It adds length, curl and volume without flaking. It does the job perfectly.


Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner. Also a repurchase, i bought this at the duty free Boots in Heathrow Airport at the beginning of Jan. This used to be my go to eyeliner until I started using MUFE Aqua Eyes, but i still occasionally use it for a more dramatic wing or a matte eye look. It's easy to use and has a great tip which is easy to control.


NYX Round Lipstick in #642 Miracle. I can't say much about this shade, it's reddish pink and a great colour with great pigmentation. But I haven't yet worn it on it's own. I've been wearing this with my Mac Tour de Fabulous lipglass, which looks great. I'm not really into lipsticks, but the NYX round lipsticks seem very creamy and pigmented. I have another shade, Electra, which is very long lasting. I'm not too sure if Miracle is long lasting, I think it needs to be put to the test on a night out!


MUFE Aqua Cream in #9. I bought this on a whim, in a bit of a coral craze! I kind of regret it. The colour is lovely and so so very pigmented with gold micro shimmer running through it. The Sephora display said that this shade is suitable to be used on the lips and cheeks. The product is waterproof and has great staying power, it lasts all day but I found it hard to blend on the cheeks, especially as the product dries quickly though when it is totally blended it looks great. I wouldn't recommend the cream to be worn on the lips it can make them look chalky and highlights imperfections. I was quite disappointed with it as it's the first Make Up For Ever product I haven't completely liked. I'm going to continue to use it on my cheeks but will be steering clear of the lips. I think the Aqua Creams for the eyes have a good range of colours so I'm hoping to try them soon and see if my results with the Aqua Cream are just due to this particular shade.


Mac Lipglass in Tour de Fabulous. I love this peach-coral shade, it's definitely going to look great in Spring. It has the standard Mac vanilla scent and isn't too shimmery. As I said above I've been pairing it with NYX Miracle lipstick though I've also been wearing it with L'Oreal Candid Coral Colour Rich Balm. I don't find it too sticky and the shade applies quite evenly.



L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Candid Coral. Advertised as a lipbalm with a sheer wash of colour, I wouldn't say this is very moisturising. This seems to just be the drugstore offering of the type of lipsticks brought out by YSL and Dior last spring and summer. I can't comment on the wash of colour as it appears to be clear on my pigmented lips. There wasn't much product and I don't think it's an item I would repurchase!


La Riche Directions Hair Colour in Marine Blue and Lavender. I haven't used these yet, but I have used the shade Violet for the ombre in a pair of extensions over the Christmas period. I'd say from the shade I used I found the colour to be long lasting and conditioning. I bought these last week before I got a job but they didn't arrive until after I got one this week. I think I'm probably going to save them for the summertime, I doubt that ombre will still be a big thing by then, though perhaps some may still be sporting the look as they grow their hair out long enough to get the bleached ends cut off? I'll just have to figure out a way to wear colour in my hair by then without going all over blue or purple!


Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. This is the second time that I've bought the MSFN, it seems to be my powder of choice in the wintertime! I'm sure you've read it all before soft, sheer yet buildable coverage, gives a glowy appearance etc. I love this powder, I'm not too sure why I changed to Mac Studio Fix Powder in the summer (it's way too much coverage for me, but I continued to use it...) but I'm glad to be using MSFN again!



The Body Shop Hand Creams in Spiced Vanilla and Cranberry Joy. I got these today in the January sale. I love these, I have to say I prefer the scent of the Spiced Vanilla to Cranberry Joy but what really matters is how moisturising these two products are. My hands are in dire need to come TLC, I think these products will really help. The cream absorbs quickly and leaves my hands super soft. The next hand cream on my wishlist is Soap and Glory Hand Food, I've heard nothing but great things about it! Though until then I shall be using these lovely body shop offerings.


I'll post reviews of the Jack Black Lemon & Chamomile lipbalm, the Mac Select Cover Concealer and the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi-Intense Moisture Masque once I've used them enough to form opinions on them!



What have you bought recently? Any great sale finds?!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh nice loving all the make up you got x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello :)

    cool blog! take a look at my blog! if you like it, you can follow it ;)

    xoxo

    doro912

    doro912beautylounge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete